St Dwynwen lived during the 5th century & legend has it that she was one of the prettiest of Mr Brychan's 24 daughters. Later in life she fell in love with a prince but her father had already arranged for her to marry someone else.
Dwynwen was so upset that she could not marry her chosen man she begged to forget about him. Later she fell asleep & was visited by an angel who told her to consume a sweet potion designed to erase all memory of her prince.
After this, she was granted 3 wishes. One of wish was to be rid of all men for life and that she was granted. After being passionately in love, St Dwynwen never married.
She later founded a convent in Wales where a well named after her became a place of pilgrimage. Visitors to the well believed that the sacred fish & eels that lived in the well could foretell whether or not their relationship would be a happy one!
Remains of Dwynwen's church can still be seen today, so hop skip & jump on over to Wales my friend, let's put this to the test!
And so today we wear the Saint Dwynwen Pendant as an ode to undying Love & Happy Relationships, something we wish upon each & every human walking this magical planet.
- 23" chain
- Second loop 1" shorter so that you can layer to perfection
- Made from solid .925 Recycled Sterling Silver in a fully closed loop production system
- Plated in 3 coats of 18K Gold
- Pendant measures approx 25mm x 15mm
- Packaged in our beautiful signature packaging ready for gifting
- Also available in Stirling Silver